Saturday, January 15, 2011

9 Month Photos and 39 Week Video

I am officially over 9 months pregnant today!  I hit the mark yesterday and I'm gonna take my 9 month pics today and post them later.

I had my 39 week doctors appointment yesterday and, low and behold, I am making some progress!  I am 1-2 cm dilated and 75-80% effaced!  Woohoo!  She just has to hang in there for one more day until Tina gets here.  Tina and her puppy Holly are gonna be on their way to NC 24 hours from now and then Addy can feel free to arrive :) 

I really want Tina to be here for 2 reasons.  Number one, for another support person.  And number two, she is planning to take photos for us during the labor and immediately after delivery.  I am so excited that we'll be able to have those first moments with Adilyn captured forever!  Mike was a little bit skeptical about the pics at first until I assured him that Tina would not be below the waist, haha!  It's not those kind of pics.  I just want to feel the mood and capture our expressions and Addy's first moments in the world.  Not the gross, actual delivery.

At my doctors appointment my BP was 108/68 and I have almost gained 35 pounds so far (blah).  Addy is measuring right on target of 39 weeks and her HR was in the 130's-140's this time. 

I asked the doctor at what point they would induce my labor if it doesn't progress and he said probably at about 42 weeks.  Then I asked if he can estimate how big she is.  He looked at me and felt my belly and guessed about 7 - 71/2 pounds.  OK, all of that sounds good.  Well....then he did my internal exam (cervix check), at which point he said "Let me revise that estimate.  She's probably about 8 pounds."  He followed it up by saying that they'd induce me at 41 weeks.  Haha....I knew she'd be a big girl!

Mike was able to come with me to this appointment because he was unexpectedly called off work, so we went out for breakfast, went to the grocery store, and then headed to my appointment.  Whenever the doc said that I was slightly dilated and 75-80% effaced I could tell that Mike was excited.  He's been wanting her to hurry up and arrive already! 

After the doc left the room Mike said "So the doctor pretty much just said that she's big and they won't let you go to 42 weeks because she'll be huge!"  I guess that probably is what he was saying, because he took back his original 42 week induction statement and said they'd schedule it for 41 weeks if I don't go on my own.  To be expected I guess, since both my sister and I were over 9 pounds at birth.  Epidural, here I come!

Here is the video that I just made with the flip cam that Tina gave Mike and I for Christmas!  I finally figured out how to get it on here!!!!




And here are my 9 month pics!





Don't you love that beautiful mottled look that my stomach has taken on these days?  Yuck!


Also love that shiny stretch mark where my belly button ring used to be.  Ahh the beauties of pregnancy!

9 Month Stats
weight: 161.4 lbs           gained 33.6 lbs
breast: 37 3/4 inches      gained 3 3/4 inches
waist: 39 1/2 inches       gained 10 inches

Can I just casually mention that Mike has already begun his paternity leave.  Yup, you heard me right.    I (the one who has to push this baby out) am still working, but Mike is off already!  Something seems a little bit backwards about that.  Haha!  Gotta love it!

On a sadder note, Mike's grandmother on his mom's side died unexpectedly on Sunday.  She was taken to the hospital and found to have a perforated bowel.  She died before they could even get her to surgery.  It was a sad day, and I felt terrible for Mike because he couldn't even go to her funeral.  The funeral was in PA on Thursday and he didn't want to risk leaving me so close to my due date.  The rest of Mike's family was there, and they told us that she looked very peaceful.  We know that Grandma Lorraine is in a better place now, and she can spend the rest of eternity with her husband.  Rest in peace Grandma.

Mike's parents are planning to come down here whenever they hear the word that I am in labor.  They will stay for a day or two to see us and meet Addy, and then they will leave and come back for a longer visit at the end of February.  Mom is planning to come down and be here for a week after we get home from the hospital and, of course, Tina and Holly will be here too.  Then Dad will probably come in mid February sometime.  So we will have lots of visitors and lots of help for the first few weeks!  It'll be here before we know it!

When Tina comes down, I plan to have her help me start a new blog to mark the new beginning of our family.  This blog is all about my pregnancy journey, and, let's face it, really all about me.  I want my new blog to be focused on the whole family (although I'm sure it will be centered around Addy).  I think I will call it, "The Hetrick House". 


No comments:

Post a Comment