Thursday, January 6, 2011

38 Weeks and Counting!

My due date is quickly approaching and I still can't quite believe it!  In less than a month I will have a newborn who is 100% dependent on Mike and I for her every need.....wow!  I had my weekly Dr's appointment this morning and I am still not dilated at all yet.  I went from a -3 to a -2 station, but I don't think that means too much.  I am still hoping that Addy hangs in there until Tina gets down here on the 16th.  My BP was 105/67, Hgb 13.9, and Addy's HR 120's-130's.  At all of my other appointments her HR was in the 140's, but the doc said that 120-160 is normal.

I am definitely getting more and more physically uncomfortable the further along that I progress in this pregnancy.  I'm having a rough time sleeping because my back hurts and I have to pee so much.  I started noticing my ankles, feet, and hands swelling about 2 weeks ago.  I can't really wear my wedding rings anymore.  It's hard for me to be on my feet for any length of time these days.  I feel a lot of pressure when I'm up for awhile and I just feel like I need to sit down.  I am also soooo tired allllll of the time.  I take naps on most of my days off and I'm feeling pretty unproductive.  Nesting?  More like resting.  I am also warm a lot of the time, which is so unusual for me.  That symptom I don't mind so much though.  I'm so used to being cold all of the time, it's nice to feel warm for a change.  And last, but not least, those persistant nosebleeds are still hanging around.  I still get them a few times a week.

We're pretty much ready for Adilyn's arrival whenever she decides to come.  Like I said, I do hope that she waits until Tina gets here though :)  I have her diaper bag packed for the hospital, but I still have to pack my bag.  Maybe if I'm ambitious I'll do that today.  We got the car seat inspected yesterday to make sure we had it in right.  It was fine, but the guy did show us a better way to do it, so I'm glad we went.  Her room is essentially totally ready, except I still have yet to wash those cloth diapers.  I've literally been putting that off for a month, and I'm not sure why.  I should do that today too.  It's just so daunting, because I have to prewash them 5-7 times!  That's a lot of washing!

When Tina came down a few weeks ago she took some more maternity pics, so now I have 2 sets!  Here are some of her shots:




 
 


Tina did an awesome job and I'll cherish these pictures forever.  Pretty soon our little Adilyn will make her way into this world and my pregnancy days will be a distant memory.  I'll keep you posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment