Friday, January 21, 2011

40+ Weeks and Still Waiting....

Yup, still waiting.  I had a feeling that I'd go past my due date, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Adilyn won't decide to make her arrival until my labor is induced next week. 

I've been trying some of the tricks/old wives tales that people swear by, but nothing has worked yet.  I've eaten spicy food, walked a lot, and, well, we've done the obvious as well.  Nothing....except being more uncomfortable.  No contractions yet.

Yesterday Tina and I went to the big bi-annual Raleigh kids consignment sale.  All of the moms at work talk about consignment sales and I've been wanting to go to one to check it out.  So when one of my co-workers had 2 extra sellers tickets that she was giving away, I figured now is as good a time as any.  Thought it would be a good way to get some walking in while checking out all of the baby items they had to offer.  It was pretty awesome, though totally overwhelming.  There was sooooo much stuff.  I may or may not have gone slightly overboard in the number of baby outfits that I bought.....
But I got some really good deals, so I figured, better to go crazy at a consignment sale than at the mall or something.  Right?  Right?  I mean my total was $81.08 for 14 outfits, 4 hats, 6 headbands, a pair of mittens, and  "What to Expect the First Year" book.  Not too bad.

I got her a super soft fleecy winter suit to bring her home in.



A photo shoot outfit of course :)  How cute is that little shrug?!!



An Easter dress....



And the most adorable itty bitty bikini for the beach this summer!



When we got home we decided that Tina's puppy Holly would love to wear one of Addy's new headbands.
How cute is she???

So we walked around the consignment sale, then my friend came over with her two dogs to hang out for awhile, then Mike and I took Daisy for a walk around the neighborhood.  About 1/4 of the way through the walk Mike suggested that I try to run a little bit to speed things along.  So I tried....and I'm sure I looked as awful as I felt.  I could run from about one mailbox to 2 mailboxes down and then I'd be sooo uncomfortable that I had to stop.  Not the easiest thing in the world to run with a giant head making its way down there. 

So I walk/ran the rest of the way, yet here I am.  A day later and still sitting here on the couch with not a single contraction.  Sigh.

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, so we'll see what they say.  All I know is that I am going to be adamant about being induced next week if they don't offer it.  Last week the doc said they'd induce me at 41 weeks, so I'm gonna make sure they stick to that. 

I mean, we're all ready.  Mike and I have begun our work leave, Tina is here....we're ready.  Everyone is telling me to just relax and enjoy this time off without the baby, so we are definitely livin' it up.  We are chillin' all day and then going out to eat at a new restaurant with our groupons every night.  It's fun, but we'll all be 400 pounds soon if Addy doesn't hurry up!

I really hope that at my doctors appointment today I will have made some progress since last time.  But either way, I definitely want an induction date set for next week just in case.  I think she's big enough and I don't want to wait another two weeks and risk needing a C-Section because she's too big.  But going into labor naturally would be nice.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment